Kiss Me Goodnight
I’m Lacey Hallem, and I have a few secrets. These aren’t them: I wash my hands a lot and lie when I’m stressed. Also, I have horrible taste in men. That’s how I knew Dylan was trouble the first time I saw him…
Life can be challenging for Lacey, especially when things don’t come in sets of six, but she’s smart and funny and able to keep her demons at bay–most of the time. She might have sensed trouble when she set eyes on Dylan, a delectable musician in a vintage T-shirt, but that doesn’t stop her from thinking about him, or spending more and more time in his company.
Enter Thomas. Wealthy, handsome, and completely adoring of Lacey (flaws and all), he’s everything a man should be. So why can’t she convince her heart to fall in love?
Prepare to be swept up in Michele Zurlo’s emotional and compelling story of learning to trust yourself, facing the past, and finding strength you never knew you had.
Praise for Kiss Me Goodnight:
“Funny, quirky, dramatic, musical (there is a band and lots of awesome lyrics!), and romantic…deep and intense in parts” –Crazy Four Books
“With its unconventional heroine…, Ms. Zurlo has crafted a compelling read. [This] first person narrative [gives] great insight into Lacey, …an unrepentant heroine whose antics at times left me smiling.” –The Scarf Princess
“I found myself captivated by this interesting and unique love story…If you are like me and know the wonderful Michele Zurlo based on her “kinkier” stories, you will be blown away by this beautifully written and endearing tale.” –Booklover Sue
Here’s a taste! Eleven important quotes from Kiss Me Goodnight:
- My name is Lacey Hallem, and it’s been sixty-seven minutes since my last lie.
- He oozed sexy badness, and whoever says they don’t have a weakness for that has a serious case of the pants-on-fire syndrome.
- I’d walked out on two men in one day. Both encounters had left me tingling, and neither was likely to result in anything. Hell of a Monday.
- Fake emotion isn’t difficult. It’s the real stuff that bewilders me.
- Lying was easy. The truth was hard.
- I’d be lying if I said I didn’t regularly check him out. I couldn’t help it. When that much hotness is thrust into your face, I dare you not to look.
- I’d finally met the perfect man, and he wasn’t in a position to make any fairy tales come true.
- Even though I had a serious crush on Dylan, I couldn’t seem to look away from Junior’s penetrating hazel gaze. Hopefully he hadn’t come over to murder me.
- His hand paused on my ankle, and he lifted his gaze to meet mine. I expected an apology, but all I got was a bit of a cocky smirk.
- From that moment on, Alice was dead. I was Lacey. Always and irrevocably Lacey.
- I tasted his lips once to banish the misery. Twice to obliterate the pity. Three times because I loved him, and I was too tired to fight it.
Author Bio: I’m Michele Zurlo, author of the Doms of the FBI series and many other stories. I write contemporary and paranormal, BDSM and mainstream—whatever it takes to give my characters the happy endings they deserve.
I’m not half as interesting as my characters. My childhood dreams tended to stretch no further than the next book in my to-be-read pile, and I aspired to be a librarian so I could read all day. I ended up teaching middle school, so that fulfilled part of my dream. Some words of wisdom from an inspiring lady had me tapping out stories on my first laptop, so in the evenings, romantic tales flow from my fingertips.